New Research: Mobile Advertising Driving Purchases at Unprecedented Rate
Mobile Devices Driving a Substantial Percentage of Overall Conversions
Over the past year, the cross-industry conversion rate for mobile grew 28%. The industries with the highest mobile conversion rates were:
- Telecom at 37% (purchasing of new plans and devices)
- Retail at 35% (making a purchase)
- Auto was next at 22% (finding a local dealer, requesting more information, configuring a car and travel)
- Travel at 20% (booking a hotel, flight or car reservation.)
Mobile has Become the New “at-home” Device?
- Consumers now spend 25% of their total digital time at home on tablets or cell phones.
- 75% of all mobile ad impressions were viewed within the home.
The iPad is the Dominant Device for Mobile Conversions
- 85% of tablet conversions coming from iOS devices (iPad.)
- Android and iOS devices each accounted for roughly 50% of conversions on smart phones.
“What we’re learning is that consumers are increasingly using their mobile devices in much the same way they do with their computers when they’re at home,” stated Chad Gallagher, Director of Mobile at AOL Networks. “And, with a quarter of all digital time spent on smartphones and tablets at home, marketers are realizing that they can’t afford to run desktop-only campaigns anymore.”