Senior Node.js/Typescript developer
We are currently seeking a Senior Node.js/Typescript developer. This is a remote position with a team on GMT-5.
Want to learn more about being a part of BiTE’s team and our culture?
Initially you’ll be part of a dedicated project team developing a complex health sciences application.
This might be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working at small companies with close-knit teams
- You consider yourself adaptive and enjoy wearing multiple hats
- You consider software development a craft or discipline, and are interested in having that consideration shape your development activities
- You like board games (no really, we have a board game night)
This probably isn’t a good fit if you:
- Need a lot of structure or oversight to do your best work. Our remote environment requires team members to be able to tolerate ambiguity and be assertive and communicative when tasks are unclear.
- Are really keenly interested in just one specific technology niche (nothing wrong with that — but you’ll probably get frustrated here)
- Need «to be right» all the time. We’re a growing, collaborative team that frequently tries new approaches. Team members need to be open to taking risks and reasoning with one another.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years developing Node.js applications
- 3+ years of experience developing relational DB applications (PostgreSQL preferred)
- 3+ years deploying applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Experience with modern enterprise architectures & design (layering, patterns)
- Experience with Typescript/Nest.js/Jest
- Writes clean, well organized, well documented and well-tested code, utilizing language idioms and tools appropriate to the platform
- Thrives in collaborative programming environments with frequent peer reviews
- Experience leading tasks throughout the project lifecycle
- A strong passion to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in developing regulatory-compliant healthcare applications
- Experience developing distributed microservice applications
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Kubernetes / Docker
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development
- Automated Integration/Contract testing